Coffee Pecan Butter Tarts
Yield: 2 dozen tarts
- ¾ Cup Melitta Coffee
- 1 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 Cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- pinch salt
- 2 Cups pecan halves, toasted
- 24 3 inch tart shells
- In a clean frying pan, sprinkle the pecan halves and toast lightly over medium heat. Nuts burn easily so do not walk away. Remove from heat and cool.
- Arrange tart shells on a parchment lined baking sheet
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the coffee syrup, brown sugar, butter, eggs and salt until smooth and incorporated.
- Pour filling into the tart shells. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
- Bake at 375º F for approximately 15-18 minutes. The filling should still jiggle very slightly in the centre of the tarts when done. (please note, that baking times are approximate since every oven in different).
- Remove from oven when done and allow to cool.
- Serve with a freshly brewed cup of Melitta Traditional Coffee.
Recipes with Coffee
- Our Paper Pledge
Trees are one of nature's
few renewable resources.
Melitta will make an annual donation to the Canadian Forestry Association to conserve this important resource for future generations.