Banana Fritters with Melitta “World Harvest Organic Roast” Coffee Syrup
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 ¼ Cup all purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Cup icing sugar
- In a bowl, mix together the bananas, milk, eggs and butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine the granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients into wet ingredients and combine well. Do not over mix.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a large, heavy bottomed pot. The oil should come halfway up the side of the pot. Heat the oil over medium heat until a candy thermometer registers 375°F.
- With a tablespoon or small scoop, gently drop the fritter into the oil being careful not to over crowd the pot. Turn once or twice until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Take a brown lunch bag and add the icing sugar. Working in batches, add the cooked fritters and gently shake to coat.
- Serve with the Melitta coffee syrup for dipping.
Recipes with Coffee
- Our Paper Pledge
Trees are one of nature's
few renewable resources.
Melitta will make an annual donation to the Canadian Forestry Association to conserve this important resource for future generations.